This Is Eiis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Is Eiis

Guild Forum Eiis

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Explenation playname

Go down 
+6
Eufé
Gigglearrows
Zuczek
Orisian
Veralin
Erythrocla
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Erythrocla
Conqueror of Ystra Highlands

Explenation playname Empty
PostSubject: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Hi,
Some of you must wonder how do people get their nick/playnames... Well i'm one of them Wink, so i start by explaining my playname that i use in every game for more then 5 years now.
I got 2 different playnames (according to games):
- Erythrocla (mmo)
- Mister K (fps, race)

Erythrocla comes from 'Erythrocladum' (latin: Acer pensylvanicum) and this is an old tree that was used in the early days from druids to make potions/salves (thats why i prefer druids).
Mister K comes from a nickname given by some colleague's (in english it would be Mister Q, quality = kwaliteit in dutch)

So don't be shy and shoot Wink
Back to top Go down
Veralin
King of Ravenfell
Veralin

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Nice topic.

Veralin - Comes from Pink Floyd song of the Wall, there's a song were they sing: "Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn", i have that part of the song always on my mind. They refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vera_Lynn
Alixis - Erhm. Just popped into my head
Raggedy - Refers to the raggedy man of the evil dude in The Stand by Stephen King
Nekyia - It's necromancer in greek

I won't bother with alts and mules, but i try to make up nice names for all of them. One of my tactics is to grab a letter from the newspaper and make that the starting letter of the name like i did with Hakar, Bokta and Kaelic.
Back to top Go down
Orisian
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Nice theme indeed Smile Orisian went from quite a lovely trilogy of Brian Ruckley "Godless World". Main charachter's name in fact Smile

Was fun enough to see another char from book yelling in zone, guess he was pleased to see Ori also xD THough... Ori killed Aeglyss in the end of trilogy, so mabey aint that pleased, hmm Razz
Back to top Go down
https://eiis.forumotion.com
Erythrocla

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Some welthought nicks so far ^^). Many more may tell.
Back to top Go down
Veralin
King of Ravenfell
Veralin

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:27 pm

If many more would visit forum for some interesting talk yes. But now even when servers are down for C4. Not a lot of ppl are taking a look ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Zuczek
Adventurer of Silverspring

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:27 pm

I see you have reasons behind ur nick when me.... emmm Laughing well I actually coudln't think of any other imaginative and weird nick Razz why weird? cos Zuczek from pl means beetle lol!
Back to top Go down
Veralin
King of Ravenfell
Veralin

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:05 am

Well thats reason enough right? I like the name and the explanation Wink
Back to top Go down
Gigglearrows

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:19 pm

gigglearrows - i used to name my pk archers toons like that or smth similar in many mmo's. I didnt though about it that there is no pk at all on pve server (in AL pvp and pve servers were the same. u can pk but only in pvp serv u could loose gear).

ressme - ... no need to comment that. wanted buffmeplis or smth but was already taken
Back to top Go down
Erythrocla

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:03 am

Gigglearrows wrote:

ressme - ... no need to comment that. wanted buffmeplis or smth but was already taken

Well that's a clear nickname to see :p
Back to top Go down
Eufé
Novice adventurer
Novice adventurer
Eufé

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:59 am

I starded whed Eufemia m/p "Eufemia=feminine, female" in Italien Smile

When i was tired of dying whed my priest so i made p/k, end sens the guild cold me "Eufe" there for the name "Eufé"

Back to top Go down
Jubilate
King of Ravenfell

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:23 am

Explanation of my playname.

Well...i normally use Jiojiosan as a playname. Jiojiosan is a character from my favorite opera (Madam Butterfly - Puccini).
I started RoM also as Jiojiosan, i played as a knight/warrior.....and that dit not work out so well.
I was quite noobish back then (even more so then now )--so i made a new character and had to come up with a new name...i was listening to a cd - Mozart Requiem - Exsultate, Jubilate - and hence i thought....Jubilate is a nice name!
Hence Jubilate was born.

And this also explains why my alt is named Jiojiosana (since Jiojiosan was taken). Very Happy Rolling Eyes

Greetings from your Queen Jubilate.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Veralin
King of Ravenfell
Veralin

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Jubilate noobish? Don't be so hard on yourself or negative. In the runs you play strong and in SW you know what you have to do. I think there are a lot more ppl who are more noobish then you, Jojo Wink
Back to top Go down
Jubilate
King of Ravenfell

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:09 pm

thanks Vera, that is so sweet to say :-))
Back to top Go down
Orisian
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:52 pm

That is mere truth Wink Jubi is nice well grown mage atm, which welcomed in many parties Smile
Back to top Go down
https://eiis.forumotion.com
Stink
Explorer of the Howling Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:57 am

Spazzy- I am the biggest nerd in my school so people called me Spazz, Geek, Nerd, or whatever...I have no big mystical latin word reason behind my name
Back to top Go down
Gigglearrows

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:27 pm

Stink wrote:
I have no big mystical latin word reason behind my name

but you do:

Stink wrote:
Spazzy- I am the biggest nerd in my school

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Zuczek

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Gigglearrows wrote:
Stink wrote:
I have no big mystical latin word reason behind my name

but you do:

Stink wrote:
Spazzy- I am the biggest nerd in my school

its not a latin word tho giggle :p
Back to top Go down
Jubilate
King of Ravenfell

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 am

Spazzy a nerd? I think they all just jealous about your wisdom (when you act normal that is lol) at your age...and your misunderstood :-))

but Spazzy is a nice name sunny
Back to top Go down
Stink

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:15 am

Nah Jubi, just pure, nerd, figgidy, blood that plays online video games like WoW and sits on it allllll day doing nothing but making my War Hammer and Sheild that take away all sheild spells off the oppenent Pfff...
Anyway is it just me or do I see a bunch of my own comments or did I do something wrong Sad
Back to top Go down
Jubilate
King of Ravenfell

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:26 am

Spazzy, if they call you the biggest nerd. its a compliment...they just jealous of your wisdom :-)) I love you
Back to top Go down
Stink

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 5:45 pm

*Raises Hand* I am a nerd...I play online games and I have basically No life...And I aint really the strongest in the world but...Thanks for tryin' Jubi
Back to top Go down
Jubilate
King of Ravenfell

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:42 pm

then im afraid we are all nerds.....:-) And i dont mind being a nerd :-)
Back to top Go down
Stink

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Mmm well I live in basic Insults so I'm used to people being mean
Don't Have NightMares! Cause I AM 1!
Back to top Go down
Zuczek

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:10 pm

lol Stinkie why youre used to it, dont let them being mean to u! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Stink

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Mmm...Used to it cause it is just an everyday thing...I just live with it, they're all kinda idiots...Only 2 people don't pick on me XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explenation playname   Explenation playname Empty

Back to top Go down

Explenation playname
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
This Is Eiis :: EIIS :: Off-topic-
Jump to: